Tuesday, July 16, 2019

A Memory

In May 2016 I had my last dance recital with my old dance school and in June 2016 I graduated high school. That last dance recital was filled with emotions so the morning after I wrote down everything from my favorite number.
The music starts and I’m filled with adrenaline. I dance out onto center stage and I can feel the heat of the lights and the powerful hard shoes of Irish dancers pounding on the floor next to me. I can’t help but smile and the most wonderful feeling in the world overcomes me. My feet are moving as fast as they can as the flow of violins fills the stage with loud Irish melodies. I turn on my toes and take a breath as the massive projection of a violet purple Celtic trinity knot mirrors onto my face. I turn with a double click into a series of trebles and my heart is racing. The lights are reflecting onto the green, gold, and purple detailing of my dress and headband. The music gets faster and we dance swiftly to the beat. I can’t see the audience but I don’t care. The music stops with a harmonious stamp from all the dancers as the lights go dark leaving silhouettes against the gobo. Ladies and gentlemen, The Fitzpatrick School of Irish Dance. 
This was one of the best moments of my life and I will cherish this little paragraph for years to come. I am sure other Irish dancers can relate to the exhilarating feeling on stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment